Crab, Pineapple & Black Bean Nachos
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Servings: 4 as dinner, more if serving as an app
- 1 8- ounce bag tortilla chips
- 8 ounces fresh crab meat
- ⅔ cup diced fresh not canned, pineapple
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup chopped white onion
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large jalapeno chils seeded and chopped
- 8 ounces shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons sour cream mixed with 1 teaspoon lime zest and 1 tablespoon lime juice
Preheat the oven to 325. In a large cast iron skillet, baking dish or sheet pan, evenly spread half of the chips.
In a bowl, mix together the black beans, onion, cilantro and chili. Stir and season to taste with the salt and the cumin.
Scatter half of the black bean mixture, then half of the cheese. Top with half of the crab and half of the pineapple (leaving out any accumulated liquid). Repeat layering with the remaining chips, beans, cheese, and crab and pineapple.
Place in the oven for 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted. Remove from the oven and drizzle the sour cream over top. Serve immediately.
- The way to avoid soggy nachos is to layer the toppings, such that the cheese acts as a barrier from any moist ingredients. In this recipe, the crab and the pineapple go on top of the Monterrey jack, keeping any excess moisture off of the chips.