What’s better than fried chicken you may ask? Try fried chicken, sliced on a crunchy baguette, drizzled with a sweet n’ spicy honey sauce, and topped with shredded cabbage. Super simple, can be made ahead, great for parties and picnics, oh and one more thing… it’s awesome.
The Pretty Bird
Servings: 8 3" Sandwiches
- 1 2- foot long baguette
- Store-bought fried chicken about 2 breast pieces
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
For the Hot Honey
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- Slice the baguette in half lengthwise so you have a long top and bottom.
- Cut the chicken into thin slices and set aside. In a small bowl, toss the shredded cabbage with the salt and vinegar.
- To make the hot honey place all of the ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat until the butter melts, stirring to combine.Remove from the heat and stir with a whisk or fork until emulsified. Let cool slightly. It should look like thick barbecue sauce.
- Assemble the sandwich. Lay the chicken pieces evenly on the bottom. Drizzle with the honey mixture, then top with the cabbage, leaving any accumulated liquid in the bottom of the bowl. Place the top of the bread on. You can slice and serve immediately, or wrap up and place in the refrigerator until ready to serve, up to 4 hours.
If you enjoy my recipes and haven’t signed up, DON’T MISS OUT. Scroll to the bottom of this page and click “sign up” to receive recipes delivered to your inbox.