A sandwich sure to convince any carnivore that veggies are not boring!
Last time I made this, my oven was going for another dish, so I thought to wrap a hunk of sandwich in foil, popped it in, and gave it to my husband for lunch.
He LOVED it warmed and said I must give that as an option. Rest assured, the sandwich is still fantastic at room temp, but if toasty is your thing, simply wrap, place in a warm (about 275 degree) oven for 12-15 minutes, and enjoy!
The Buffalo Vedge
- 1 2- foot long baguette
- 1 small head cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup buffalo style hot sauce
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup fresh cilantro coarsely chopped
- 6-8 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 2 stalks celery diced
- Preheat the oven to 375. Wash and cut the cauliflower into small florets. Toss with the olive oil and salt and roast until softened, about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and pour the hot sauce over the cauliflower, stirring to coat. Return to the oven and cook another 5 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- Slice the bread lengthwise so that you have a long top and bottom. On the bottom of the bread, layer the cilantro, followed by the celery. Next layer the cauliflower, cutting any pieces that are larger than a walnut. Scatter the cheese evenly on top of the celery and top with the bread.
- Slice and serve immediately, or wrap and place in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
Tips & Tricks
If you enjoy my recipes and haven’t signed up, DON’T MISS OUT. Scroll to the bottom of this page and click “sign up” to receive recipes delivered to your inbox.