Light and fresh, bright and zippy, my Sheet Pan Roasted Broccoli with Lemony Garlic Parmesan Cream makes the perfect accompaniment to just about any week night meal.
After the last few recipes, I’m bouncing back with a healthy side dish. To be sure, broccoli is NOT as sexy as cheesy pasta, a festive cocktail or a gingery chocolate dessert!
BUT broccoli is something that people eat A LOT of, and as a chef I can’t tell you how often I hear, “Can you give me some new ideas for preparing broccoli?”
In fact, according to a poll done last year, broccoli was the most popular veggie in the U.S. (followed closely by corn). It’s one of those family favorite vegetables people can get behind.
Nowadays, most people know that roasting it is the best way to coax out the best flavor. Gone are the sad days of overcooked, waterlogged broccoli.
Crisp, slightly charred edges and softened florets leading up from al dente stalks (yes, eat the stalks!), is the way to go. Straight off the pan, it’s almost good enough to eat on it’s own!
But I’ve got an easy way to bump up the flavor, without sacrificing healthfulness.
Get out your zester!! Such a simple, good-for-you way to make a dish POP!
Here, lemon zest and piquant garlic mix into a creamy, yogurt based dressing, further enhanced with umami-packed grated parm.
It’s as easy as that. And SO yummy!
Looks So Good! Any Ways to Amp it Up Even More?
- So glad you asked. I am an anchovy lover, and smashing up little fishies into the dressing would be a FAB addition.
- Red pepper flakes would also be a great, spicy topping.
Can I Make this Ahead?
You definitely can make the dressing ahead of time, but the broccoli is best fresh and hot out of the oven. You can prep it on the baking sheet and keep it refrigerated until ready to go though.
What Would You Serve This Sheet Pan Broccoli With?
Watch me make my Sheet Pan Roasted Broccoli:
Sheet Pan Roasted Broccoli with Lemony Garlic Parmesan Cream
- 1 large bunch broccoli
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt divided use
- 2 large garlic cloves grated
- Zest from 1 lemon
- Juice from ½ lemon
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ plain greek yogurt or sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Trim the broccoli: cut the florets to medium-sized pieces, and the stems into bite-sized pieces. Place on a baking sheet and toss with ½ teaspoon salt and olive oil. Roast for 15-20 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally, until cooked but still crisp, and nicely browned.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine the lemon zest, grated garlic cloves and the juice from the half lemon. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes, during which the acid from the lemon juice will mellow out the sharp garlic flavor. Add the yogurt, parmesan cheese, and remaining ½ teaspoon salt and mix well. Taste for seasoning, and add more salt if necessary.
- Place the broccoli in a serving bowl and drizzle the sauce over top. Pass extra grated cheese and pepper flakes at the table if desired.
Share this recipe with your Facebook friends.
AND You Might Also Love…