Labor Day is here. Yes, the unofficial END of summer is this weekend. The last big hoorah, the last time we can wear white pants (wait, that’s not still a rule!), and the last excuse to party until… well the next party.
Do you know what you’ll be having this weekend? I do. This simple – and simply delicious – corn on the cob. How much more “summer” can you get than corn on the cob? A good, fresh ear of corn on the cob is amazing all on it’s own…
BUT with this creamy, chili-flecked sauce, you’ll be in heaven!
Sheet pan cooking is all the rage nowadays. No fuss, low maintenance, and simple clean up – it sure has a lot going for it. I love it here, as roasting the corn brings out the sweetness while still keeping the kernels crisp.
Party on with this zesty lime & feta corn- and stay tuned for more awesome sheet pan ideas to come!
See the recipe step by step…
Sheet Pan Corn with Zesty Lime & Feta
- 6 ears fresh corn shucked
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 lime zested
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400. Place corn on a baking sheet and roast in the oven, turning once, for 8 minutes. At the end of cooking, turn on the broiler (making sure the corn is about 8 inches from the heat), in order to get some color on the corn. Watch it closely so it doesn’t burn, and turn a few times for even cooking.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayo, lime zest, feta, chili powder, salt and some black pepper.
- As soon as the corn comes out, spread the mixture around the cob. Serve warm with lime wedges.
Tips & Tricks
- For a little more heat, use chipotle chili powder.
- The spread can be made ahead of time and refrigerated.