This is a lovely, early fall salad best made when grapes are at their sweetest and the delicata squash is just starting to appear on supermarket shelves or at farmer’s markets. The hazelnuts and rosemary elevate this salad to the next level, providing a crunch and earthy background that compliment the sweet squash and grapes.
Rosemary Roasted Delicata Squash Salad with Grapes & Hazelnuts
- 1 medium delicata squash
- ½ cup purple grapes large ones cut in half
- 1 sprig rosemary chopped, about 1 tablespoon
- 1 medium head of red leaf lettuce of choice washed and spun, or baby spinach, or other lettuce of choice
- 2 tablespoons Reduced Balsamic Vinegar* or store-bought balsamic syrup
- ¼ cup shredded asiago cheese
- ¼ cup toasted hazelnuts halved or roughly chopped
- 3 or 4 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375. Halve squash lengthwise and scoop out seeds. Slice into ½ inch crescents and place on a baking sheet. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper, and chopped rosemary. Drizzle with enough olive oil to coat, about 1 tablespoon, and toss. Roast 30 minutes or until soft and golden. Let cool while assembling rest of salad.
- Place lettuce in your salad bowl, and top with the cooled squash, grapes, nuts and cheese. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar, more salt and pepper, and good extra virgin olive oil. Toss and serve.