These have got a little kick. Not too much – but the sriracha imparts the perfect amount of heat to compliment the garlicky peanut and sweet maple flavors. If you aren’t familiar with sriracha, it is the condiment of the moment. I overheard a family member who lives out in California recently comment, “every restaurant here has sriracha on the menu. It’s everywhere!” Well, there’s good reason… it’s totally addictive. Made of chilis, garlic and other spices, it’s a super tasty Asian-style hot sauce.
These brussels would be a great side dish to serve with any Asian inspired meal, or you could add a bit of protein, anything from tofu to chicken, pork or beef, or even shrimp, and serve it on a bowl of rice for a one dish dinner. They’d even be great as an appetizer… perhaps for a playoff game? Just serve them on a platter with toothpicks and some ice cold beer to wash them down, and they are sure to be a hit!
Thank you to all my weekly readers! If you enjoy my recipes and stories, and haven’t signed up, DON’T MISS OUT. Scroll to the bottom of this page and click “Sign Up” to stay in touch and receive the best recipes delivered to your inbox.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts in a Sriracha Peanut Sauce
- 1 pound brussels sprouts trimmed and halved if large
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 garlic cloves chopped finely or grated
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter either creamy or chunky is fine depending on your preference
- 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- Preheat oven to 350. Place brussels sprouts on a sheet pan or a large cast iron skillet and toss with the salt and olive oil. Roast in the oven until tender and browned, about 35-40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients (garlic, peanut butter, sriracha and syrup).
- Remove the pan from the oven and add the remaining ingredients. Toss to coat, and return to the oven for another 5 minutes. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve warm, or lay on a platter and serve with toothpicks as an hors d’oeuvres.
Share this recipe with your Facebook friends!