Incredibly creamy, perfectly sweet ‘n spiced, HOMEMADE pumpkin ice cream… Sounds delicious, right?!? But would you ever guess YOU can prep it in only 10 minutes – then pop it into your freezer, NO MACHINE required? Join me in pumpkin bliss! I’ll show you how.
When my husband and I got engaged, we received an early wedding gift from his Aunt Jan. A real deal Italian gelato maker. It’s amazing… so amazing, in fact, we had to force ourselves to stop making batches before the wedding lest we need a last minute alteration to our wedding attire! Ha!
And now 17 years later, we still use our gelato maker at least once a month. Gelato is one of my favorites (okay okay, I haven’t often met a dessert that I don’t LOVE), but when I started sharing my recipes, I considered that most people don’t have this heavy duty piece of equipment in their kitchen arsenal.
So in lieu of posting ice cream recipes, I’ve done stuff like semifreddo and frozen pumpkin pie, which are not only amazingly delicious, but also do NOT require an ice cream maker. I’ve known of no churn ice cream recipes of course, but honestly just haven’t had the need to explore them much.
I can’t believe I waited this long! So simple, so infinitely customizable, and so creamy and delicious! I set out on recipe development with the idea to use my new Key Lime Lexi Pumpkin Butter that has hit the shelves at Bealls stores. Well, the stars aligned with this perfectly seasonal treat!
There’s not much to it! A can of condensed milk, a little pumpkin pie spice, pumpkin butter and some freshly whipped cream. But, man oh man, SIMPLE is good!
Grab your scoop and put it to work asap. This recipe is so easy to do, it’s a perfect treat any day of the week.
Including next Thursday!
For many of us, Thanksgiving this year will be a bit scaled back. Add a super fun twist to the day with ice cream. Who knows? It might just become a new tradition.
And where making a pie might feel like too much of a commitment, this simple and stellar dessert fits the bill. Cool and creamy, light and refreshing – and best of all the leftovers are (duh) frozen! Serve it straight up, or dress it up with a few sprinkled gingersnap crumbs or chopped pecans.
Or try this – grind gingersnaps and a few pecans in a mini processor. Moisten with some melted butter and press into the bottom of glass jars. Scoop ice cream into the jars and freeze until ready to serve. It’s like a little frozen ice cream pie! Caramel drizzle for that extra sumpin’ special? Yes please!
No matter how you dish it out, it’ll bring a smile to your face.
There’s so much more fun in store. If you are new to Key Lime Lexi and don’t yet receive my emails with new recipes and ideas for better living, scroll to the bottom of this page and SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out.
Are There Substitutions for this No Churn Ice Cream?
- You can use ground cinnamon instead of the pumpkin pie spice
- The Bourbon helps keep the ice cream from getting icy and too frozen, but it’s not absolutely required and can be left out.
- Try crumbling a few gingersnaps on top, or pecans! Or fold them in the ice cream before freezing.
- This will make an amazing filling for an ice cream sandwich – use a soft gingerbread cookie.
Pumpkin Butter No Churn Ice Cream
- 1 14- ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¾ cup pumpkin butter
- 2 teaspoons bourbon optional
- In a large bowl, whisk together the condensed milk, vanilla, cinnamon, pumpkin butter, and bourbon if using.
- In a separate bowl, whip the cream. Fold in about half of the cream into the pumpkin mixture, then fold in the remaining.
- Pour mixture into a large loaf pan and freeze at least 4 hours.
Share this recipe with your Facebook friends!