Sweet and tart blackberries are a wonderful foil for spicy jalapenos. The creamy ricotta balances the two, and the hit of lime makes it pop. Lots of different kinds of fruit would work well here, including apricots, figs, or pears. This pie is a far way from red sauce and shredded mozz… and you just may not look back.
Pizza with Lime Ricotta, Blackberries & Jalapeños
- 1 10- ounce pizza dough
- ½ cup ricotta
- zest of one lime
- ½ pint blackberries
- 1 medium jalapeño
- 2 slices of prosciutto torn, optional
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- basil for garnish
- Preheat the oven to its hottest setting, usually around 500 degrees, and if you have one place your pizza stone in the bottom of the oven.
- Dust a pizza peel with cornmeal or semolina, or flour if you don’t have those. You can also just use your wood board, dusted liberally with flour, so that the dough will slide off easily onto the pizza stone in the oven. If you do not have a stone, oil a baking sheet. Stretch your dough from the center out, using your hands to coax it into a rough circle shape and place on your peel or baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix the ricotta, zest, rosemary and salt. Spread on the pizza dough evenly, leaving a 1-inch border. Top with the blackberries and jalapeños, and prosciutto if using, and some black pepper.
- Carry the peel to the oven, and if you are using a stone, start toward the back, carefully shaking the peel and slide the pizza on. The pizza should take 8-10 minutes to bake. When it is browned, remove and drizzle the honey over, and scatter the basil leaves. Serve immediately.