It’s true… the hardest part is waiting! Making your own dough is super SIMPLE to toss together with this NO KNEAD homemade pizza dough recipe. Mix, stir and cover… then let time do the work for you! ⏱️
** This post is part of the special Key Lime KIDS series, designed to help kids during these challenging times by providing entertaining and engaging activities for families to do together at home. RECIPES WILL BE ENJOYED BY KIDS AND ADULTS, ALIKE.
Do you know how easy it is to make your own? Simply mix flour, yeast, salt and water with a spoon until a shaggy dough is formed (2 min.), then cover and let rest overnight. When you’re ready, get your oven smokin’ hot, give everybody a portion of dough to stretch and put out lots of fun toppings. Everyone gets to make their favorite! Who’s in?
This is our family’s go-to pizza dough… but even if it weren’t so incredibly easy to toss together, we’d still make it for the unparalleled flavor and texture that develops from such a long rise. Yeasty, billowy dough that’s chewy on the inside, crispy on the outside – this crust has it all.
Pizza was the ONE thing I could always tolerate when I had morning sickness during my pregnancies. Must be at least one of the reasons it’s my kids favorite food… ha! 🍕
Except, everybody loves pizza. Even those that can’t have gluten! I mean, c’mon people. If such a thing as cauliflower crust pizza was invented, that truly is a testament to how loved this food is! 🤣 Oh, I kid!
So what are you waiting for? Let’s make dough!
Be sure to check out some of my other posts for great pizza topping ideas:
- “Lox and Loaded” (a.k.a. smoked salmon, caper & tomato)
- Carmelized Onion w/ Candied Bacon & Blue Cheese
- Lime Ricotta, Blackberries & Jalapeños
- BBQ Chicken
- Potato, Rosemary & Roasted Garlic
- Anchovy, Roasted Pepper & Smoked Mozzarella
Who’s ready for some fun?
So as a reminder, here’s how it works. Watch this short 6 min. video 🎬 below, then practice what was learned while making the YUMMY, kid-approved recipe!
Subscribe to the full Key Lime Kids series on YouTube.
Our goal is to help as many families as possible with our Key Lime KIDS project, so please share this with a friend.
From Scratch, No-Knead Pizza Dough
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon dried yeast
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 ½ cups room temperature water
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, yeast and salt. Pour in the water and using a wooden spoon, stir until the dough is shaggy and starts to come together. Switch to your hands and shape it into a rough ball in the bowl. The whole process should take just a few minutes. The amount of water you will need depends on the humidity that day and your flour. If you think you need less/more adjust accordingly. The dough should feel slightly wet and sticky, it would be tough to knead without adding more flour to keep it from sticking.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let it rise on the counter for 24-36 hours. Shape it into 4 medium dough balls (or smaller ones if doing personal pizzas) and place on an oiled baking sheet. Let rest for 30 more minutes then stretch for your pizzas, using your hands and a floured surface to shape into a circle. Top as desired and bake.
Toppings such as:
- Tomato sauce
- Fresh tomatoes
- Fresh mozzarella or grated mozzarella
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Let your imagination go!
- Preheat your oven to as hot as it will get.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured board and divide it into 4 - 6 equal portions. Shape the portions into balls, place on an oiled plate or baking sheet, turning them to coat in the oil, and cover with plastic wrap. Let rest for 20-30 minutes, meanwhile you can prepare your toppings.
- Shape a portion of dough into a circle. No need to be perfect! You can use your hands to push, stretch, and shape it - a rolling pin isn’t necessary.
- If you have a pizza stone in your oven, you can place your dough on a board or peel sprinkled with some flour or cornmeal, and begin layering on your desired toppings. Otherwise, oil a baking sheet, lay your dough on top and top as desired.
- Place your pizza(s) in the oven and bake until golden brown. This will take anywhere from 6-15 minutes depending on how hot you get your oven. Remove carefully to a plate and enjoy!
Tips & Tricks
👍 We’ve got so much more fun in store. If you are new to Key Lime Lexi and don’t yet receive my emails with new recipes and ideas for better living, scroll to the bottom of this page and SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out.