A zesty, lemony vinaigrette to dress up your greens. Honey and balsamic are perfect counterpoints to the citrus; the infusion of rosemary adds an herbaceous, earthy note. Up the game with a flavor-packed salad you’ll want to enjoy on repeat!
Homemade salad dressings are the best! Besides tasting fresh and vibrant, making your own means you can perfectly pair the vinaigrette flavors with your salad ingredients.
I developed this dressing to go on a salad of fresh young mixed greens, purple grapes, toasted hazelnuts and shaved parmigiano – it’s an excellent go-with for my Pumpkin Bechamel Mac ‘n Cheese!
But there are a variety of yummy lettuce mix-ins this dressing would compliment. Try spinach with oranges, black olives, feta and almonds. Or, toss it with arugula, dried cranberries, avocado, and pistachios.
Or if you come up with your own awesome salad combo, make sure to leave a comment with your creation!
Lemon Shallot Vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Optional freshly chopped rosemary
- Combine the shallot and lemon in a small bowl or jar with a lid. Let sit for 2 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients and whisk or shake in the jar.
Tips & Tricks
Share this recipe with your Facebook friends!