Folks love individual servings, and small mason jars are an excellent vessel for layering this simple, no-bake dessert (though any glass will do). Maybe best of all, these are done ahead of time, so all you have to do to indulge and delight your guests is pull them from the fridge and watch them swoon. Key limes are quintessentially Florida, but regular limes could be substituted. Take the time to juice your own limes here. The flavor of fresh squeezed juice really shines through with so few ingredients.
No-Bake Key Lime Parfaits
- ¾ cup key lime juice
- 1 14- ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 ¼ cups heavy cream
- 11 graham crackers
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- In a food processor, grind the graham crackers and sugar until fine crumbs. Pour in the butter and pulse to combine. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the lime juice and the condensed milk. Using a stand mixer or hand held beaters, whip the cream to stiff peaks. Gently fold in 1/3 of the cream into the condensed milk mixture, then fold in the remaining cream.
- Place 1 to 1 ½ tablespoons of graham cracker crumbs on the bottoms of each of 8 small mason jars or glasses and press down to compact. Top with about an inch of the cream filling, and then another tablespoon of the graham cracker. Top with another inch or so of the cream mixture, then sprinkle a little graham on top for garnish. Refrigerate at least 2 hours, and up to 8.
Tips & Tricks
- If you don't have key limes, you can substitute the juice of regular limes, however, also add to it 1 tablespoon of lime zest to amp up the flavor.