As I mentioned earlier, you CAN have it all… A quick and easy dinner, full of flavor, without a special trip to the grocery store.
Well this scrumptious dessert recipe goes perfectly with that theme. Don’t get me wrong, I love my butter, but sometimes I’m looking for a recipe that I can make ENTIRELY with pantry ingredients. Most desserts have a good deal of butter, eggs, and sometimes milk. BUT! Not vegan recipes.
I’ve been making this delicious vegan gingerbread cake for a couple of years now, and because it’s so healthy, often will even serve it to my kids for breakfast. Props go out to Thug Kitchen for their fantastic creation! I’ve adapted it slightly to simplify and reduce a bit of the sugar.
In-a-pinch Gingerbread Bites
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup packed brown sugar light or dark
- ½ cup molasses
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease an 8 x 8 inch baking pan. Line it with parchment paper and set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients.
- In a small saucepan, warm together molasses and coconut.
- Pour the warm molasses and milk into the dry ingredients and whisk until combined. If desired, quickly stir in ½ cup chocolate chips (recommended!!!). Pour into the prepared pan, and bake 25 minutes. Let it cool at least 10 minutes, then remove from the pan. Enjoy warm, or let cool completely. Will keep about 3 days at room temperature.
Share this gingerbread recipe with your Facebook friends!
AND You Might Also Love…