Breakfast, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner… ANYTIME is the BEST time for avocado toast!
** This post is part of the special Key Lime KIDS series, designed to help kids during these challenging times by providing entertaining and engaging activities for families to do together at home. RECIPES WILL BE ENJOYED BY KIDS AND ADULTS, ALIKE.
Back when restaurants’ doors were wide open ? it was tough to find a brunch spot or hipster coffee joint that didn’t have this popular treat on it’s menu. And its fame is well deserved!!!
Creamy, buttery (and healthy!) avocado schmeared in pillowy swirls atop a perfectly crunchy piece of toast… well I’m getting hungry just thinking about it ? ?
In this series, Dylan helps to demonstrate the best way to cut up an avocado… hint: no cutting boards or bowls to clean up!
You can make your own avo toast at home in NO TIME at all, and just how you like it.
Straight up, it’s absolutely dreamy and comforting… but can also be a blank slate for added zestiness! Some of my favorite ways to gussy up avocado toast are topping it with:
- Thinly sliced cucumbers and fresh basil
- Rosemary, paprika, lime juice and pine nuts
- Feta cheese, kalamata olives and sesame seeds
- Dill, lemon juice and sunflower seeds
- Pickled Jalapenos, a few sliced cherry tomatoes and toasted pumpkin seeds
Or as Dylan says, it’s just good with a sprinkle of salt and some olive oil! Find your favorite!
Who’s ready for some fun?
So as a reminder, here’s how it works. Watch this short 4 min. video ? below, then practice what was learned while making the YUMMY, kid-approved recipe!
Subscribe to the full Key Lime Kids series on YouTube.
Our goal is to help as many families as possible with our Key Lime KIDS project, so please share this with a friend.
Everybody ❤️s Avocado... Toast
- 1 Hass avocado
- 2 fat slices of artisan bread such as sourdough
- Sprinkle of Salt
Optional for serving:
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Squeeze of lemon or lime
- Chopped fresh herbs such as dill basil, or rosemary
- Sunflower seeds or other nut or seed
- Toast the bread.
- While the bread is toasting, cut the avocado in half, remove the pit, and score each side in the peel. Mash it up slightly in the peel with a fork, then scoop out with the fork and smear it on the toasted bread. Top with a sprinkle of salt, drizzle of olive oil, and other desired toppings.
? We’ve got so much more fun in store. If you are new to Key Lime Lexi and don’t yet receive my emails with new recipes and ideas for better living, scroll to the bottom of this page and SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out.
Dear Lexi and her children, You are all so talented, I can’t wait to see the recent episodes of Key Lime Kids. How lucky are you that you have a Mum that is so good at cooking. I am really looking forward to the next Key Lime Kids recipe. Jane.
Thank you so much for writing to us Jane! It warms our hearts. And we are so happy that you are enjoying the videos! Hope you are staying well!