Today, along with my LIL’ helper, I’m rolling out the first in a series of Key Lime KIDS cooking projects, designed to provide much needed entertainment and engagement to families during these challenging times.
** This post is part of the special Key Lime KIDS series, specially designed to help kids during these challenging times by providing entertaining and engaging activities for families to do together at home. RECIPES WILL BE ENJOYED BY KIDS AND ADULTS, ALIKE.
If you have kids at home, or have family or friends that do, my kids and I are HERE TO HELP!
(And if not, and just want to have some good fun with this video series, please join in : )
With schools closed, this is a great opportunity for family fun in the kitchen, while helping kids learn FUNdamental cooking skills along the way!
Who’s ready for some fun?
Here’s how it works. Watch the short 6 min. video ? found below with your kiddo, then help them practice what they’ve learned while making this YUMMY, kid-approved recipe.
Subscribe to the full Key Lime Kids series on YouTube.
Our goal is to help as many families as possible, so please feel free to share this with friends.
Keep healthy. Happy Cooking ??
Every Kid's Favorite Blueberry Muffins
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 tablespoons 1 stick melted butter
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups blueberries
- Zest of 1 lemon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375. Line a muffin pan with paper liners, or grease well with butter.
- Whisk together flour, salt, baking powder.
- Combine melted butter, vanilla and sugar and whisk well. Add eggs and milk, then whisk again. (Note: I LOVE the zest of one lemon in this recipe, and would add it here if you think your kids are up for it).
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, then mix until just combined.
- Stir in blueberries using a rubber spatula, then scoop the batter into the prepared muffin cups.
? We’ve got so much more fun in store with Key Lime KIDS. If you are new to Key Lime Lexi and don’t yet receive my emails with new recipes and ideas for better living, scroll to the bottom of this page and SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss an episode.