** This post is part of the special Key Lime KIDS series, designed to help kids during these challenging times by providing entertaining and engaging activities for families to do together at home. RECIPES WILL BE ENJOYED BY KIDS AND ADULTS, ALIKE.
This is the second episode in my cooking with kids series. With schools closed, this is a great opportunity for family fun in the kitchen, while helping kids learn FUNdamental cooking skills along the way!
If you have kids at home, or have family or friends that do, my kids and I are HERE TO HELP!
(Or if you just want to have some good ol’ laughs with this video series, please join in too : )
So who’s ready for some fun? Here’s how it works. Watch this short 5 min. video 🎬 below with your kiddo, then help them practice what they’ve learned while making the YUMMY, kid-approved recipe.
Today, my little helper is, Miles, who is demonstrating the best way to crack an egg. Then we’re making a Dutch Baby together.
If you haven’t had these beauties before, they’re like a giant cousin to a pancake, made in an oven rather than on a stove top. A favorite at our house!
Our goal is to help as many families as possible with ideas for fun and engaging activities. If you have family or friends that you think would benefit, please feel free to share.
Keep healthy. Happy Cooking 👩🍳
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup whole milk
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
𝘖𝘱𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘴𝘦𝘳𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨:
- Your favorite jam
- Cinnamon sugar
- Powdered sugar and a squeeze of lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Crack the eggs into a medium bowl and whisk. Add the flour, salt and sugar and whisk so that there are no lumps.
- Pour in the milk and whisk again until thoroughly combined.
- Melt the butter in a 9” cast iron skillet, or if you do not have one, melt the butter and pour into a deep 9” pie plate. Pour in the batter and place in the hot oven. Bake 15-20 minutes until puffed and golden.
- Serve warm with jam, cinnamon sugar, or powdered sugar.
👍 We’ve got so much more fun in store. If you are new to Key Lime Lexi and don’t yet receive my emails with new recipes and ideas for better living, scroll to the bottom of this page and SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out.