One of my favorite things to do with leftover Thanksgiving turkey is to make this excellent turkey salad for use as a sandwich filling or scoop on a green salad. When it’s not Tukey time, I often find myself making it throughout the year with leftover chicken, or even tempeh. This salad makes for an easy lunch for your family and guests alike. The grapes could be swapped for mango, or even golden raisins, either which provide a sweetness which complements the spice of the curry so well.
Curried Turkey Salad with Cashews & Grapes
Servings: 3 cups
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey breast
- ¾ cup grapes halved
- ¼ cup cashews lightly toasted
- 2 celery stalks diced
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- juice from ½ lemon
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Combine the turkey, grapes, cashews, and celery in a bowl. In a separate small bowl stir together the remaining ingredients. Pour the dressing over the turkey, stir and serve on a crusty roll or with a green salad.