I imagine that if Cupid sat around drinking cocktails, this is what he would be having. This drink, pinkish-red in hue, screams Valentine’s Day- though in reality I love it any time of year. I like to buy splits of sparkling wine (half bottles), since you only need a few ounces per drink. An inexpensive Prosecco or Spanish Cava is a great choice.
- 3 large strawberries
- 1 tablespoon fine sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons pomegranate liqueur
- ¼ cup silver tequila
- Sparkling wine, inexpensive such as Cava or Prosecco
- Muddle 2 of the strawberries and sugar in a cocktail shaker. Add the lime juice, pomegranate liqueur, and tequila, and a few ice cubes. Shake to combine, then strain into two champagne glasses. Top with the sparkling wine and serve, with the last strawberry, halved, for garnish.
Tips & Tricks
- I don't like my drinks too sweet, but if you do, go ahead and increase the sugar by 1 teaspoon
This looks and sounds luscious! Going right past an ABC,liquor store,will pick up libations today for a toast tonight.thanks..Happy Valentine’s Day in sunny Florida❤❤❤
Happy V-Day! Enjoy!!