Creamy yet light. Cold and refreshing. This one’s inspired by my mother-in-law who was just over for a visit and LOVES cold soup on a hot summer’s day. Hey, and green is one of her favorite colors!
Not only is my version delicious, healthy and satisfying— it’s as easy as can be. No need to turn on a stove or oven, this soup literally takes minutes to put together.
And it’s so versatile! It makes a divine start to a dinner party meal, or I often serve it alongside avocado toast or something off my grill as a quick weeknight dinner.
Another fun thing to do- try serving as “soup shooters” for a cocktail party, or drinks al fresco, pool side.
You’re going to love this soup, no matter which way you slurp it!
Cucumber Buttermilk Soup
- 2 pounds cucumbers peeled and cubed
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 small garlic cloves smashed or roughly chopped
- 2 scallions roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar or use red wine vinegar
- ½ cup dill basil, mint packed (a half cup total of all three herbs)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper for serving
- Crumbled Feta for serving
- Place the all of the ingredients except the pepper and feta in a blender. Blend until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Chill for 1-2 hours, then serve in bowls with the crumbled feta and black pepper. Soup can be made a day ahead.