Packed with flavor. Ready in 2 minutes. AND a healthy start to your day. This luscious breakfast smoothie is full of tropical vibes and is calling your name. Blend your way to bliss. 😊
August is one of my favorite months of the year. For so many reasons, but not the least of which is mango season!
During the last weeks of summer this succulent tree fruit finds its way into desserts, of course – but also savory dishes like salads, salsas, sandwiches, spring rolls, and noodle bowls. One of our family’s favorite ways to enjoy mango, though, is in a morning smoothie.
My recipe couldn’t be easier. Coconut flavored yogurt is the secret ingredient that takes an otherwise basic smoothie to the tropics. 🌴
A pinch of cardamom evokes a delightful, “Yum! What is that?”, curiosity on your palette – but if you don’t have any, a bit of cinnamon will do the trick.
Standing in front of the yogurt section can be daunting with SO many varieties available nowadays. If you have trouble finding what you’re looking for, ask a nearby grocer for help. You definitely want a coconut flavored yogurt for this recipe.
Of course, if you’d like to go dairy free, you can easily substitute a coconut milk-based yogurt instead of traditional. Whatever the base, make sure it doesn’t include other added flavors as well.
Coconut Yogurt Mango Smoothie
- 2 6oz containers of coconut flavored yogurt*
- 2 cups cubed fresh or frozen mango about 1 large mango
- 1 pinch ground cardamom*
- A handful of ice cubes
- Place all the ingredients in a blender. Blend until totally smooth, about 2 minutes, scraping down the sides if needed. Pour into two glasses and enjoy!
Tips & Tricks
- You can use yogurt made with coconut milk to make this non-dairy. Just make sure it’s not otherwise flavored.
- If you don’t like, or don’t have ground cardamom, try a pinch of cinnamon instead.
Share this recipe with your Facebook friends!