I have a dear friend that treats us to the tastiest platters of appetizers when they come for dinner. She arrives with her bag of goodies, and I peer in, wondering how they will be composed. It’s always something new, different, interesting, and delicious- she makes it seem so effortless. This past weekend was no different. Crostini, smeared with marinated goat cheese, and topped with roasted butternut and crispy prosciutto. Yum. But… it called to mind a different take she did a few months ago with smoky fish, rich crème fraiche, and sprinkle of dill and lemon. These toasts are utterly satisfying, and come together in minutes with already prepared ingredients.
Clare’s Smoked Mackerel Toasts with Dill and Creme Fraiche
Servings: 20 toasts
- 20 store bought crostini or sliced toasted bread from a baguette
- ½ cup crème fraiche
- 3-4 ounces smoked mackerel
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- juice from ½ lemon
- flakey sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Lay your toasts out on a serving plate. Smear a little crème fraiche to cover over the toasts, then top with a piece of fish. Sprinkle the dill, salt and pepper, then just before serving squeeze lemon juice over the toasts.