KICK IT OFF… with my creamy, cheesy white bean dip! This is a SUPER fun way to enjoy those quintessential GRIDIRON flavors- yeah, I’m looking at you, Buffalo chicken wings! But instead, I’m going with a unique FORMATION! Call this ooey gooey AUDIBLE FROM SCRIMMAGE, and the BACKFIELD (beans, hot sauce, blue cheese and chips) will RUN AWAY WITH THE GAME. On your FIELD, you’re sure to win the LOMBARDI TROPHY!
“Whoa, that’s a lot of football jargon, Lexi… what does all that mean exactly?”
Straight up, I’ve got you COVERED. Super Bowl Sunday is the second largest food day of the year (right behind Thanksgiving). And this dip is a MUST on the coffee table. Whether you are hosting a big bash, hanging with your “team” (it can be easily halved for more intimate gatherings), or looking to bring something delicious to share, this is THE DIP for you.
Buffalo-style ANYTHING screams football. Hot sauce and blue cheese gives party food that All-Pro kick, and the sour cream comes in to hold the line. With beans, cheese and crunchy tortillas, make this once and it’s sure to be your new GO-TO on game day!
EXTRA POINTS: It’s ONE POT. Simply cook down some hot sauce, add beans, mash, and stir in the rest of the ingredients. Scoop it into your baking dish, top with blue cheese, and bake until bubbly and irresistible!
NOW GET THAT PARTY STARTED.
Check out my post on how to throw an awesome Super Bowl party! It’s full of great tips to make sure you have a stress-free and super fun night.
Thank you to all my weekly readers! If you enjoy my stories and haven’t signed up, DON’T MISS OUT. Scroll to the bottom of this page and click “Sign Up” to stay in touch and receive the best recipes delivered to your inbox.
Can I Make This Buffalo Bean Dip Ahead?
Yes! It can all be prepped, put in the baking dish and refrigerated up to a day ahead. Just add 10 minutes to the baking time if it is going into the oven straight from the fridge.
Are there any Substitutions?
Not for this one! I usually offer amplifications or adjustments, but this is perfectly ZESTY as-is.
Anything Else to Know about this Buffalo Bean Dip?
- If guests are interested, it happens to be vegetarian and gluten-free!
- Cannellini beans are the way to go here. You can find them with the rest of the canned beans in your grocery. Don’t try garbanzo beans, which will be too dry.
- I used Frank’s hot sauce, but if you have a favorite brand, go for it.
- You can buy pre-shredded cheese and blue cheese crumbles, or buy the cheeses whole and do it yourself. Either way it’ll be great!
Watch me make my Buffalo Bean Dip:
Buffalo Bean Dip
- 2 15- ounce cans Cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- ½ cup Buffalo style hot sauce
- 4 ounces cream cheese cut into ½ inch pieces
- ¼ cup sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup mild white cheese such as mozzarella or Monterrey Jack, shredded
- 3 ounces crumbled blue cheese about ⅔ cup
- Celery and crackers for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375. Butter or oil a small rectangular baker, such as my Key Lime Lexi Small Rectangular Baking Dish available at Bealls Stores.
- Cook the hot sauce in a medium saucepan until reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Add beans and use a potato masher to lightly mash, leaving some beans whole for texture. Turn off the heat.
- Stir in the cream cheese. Most of it will melt into the beans, but it’s okay if there are some larger pieces remaining. Stir in the salt, then stir in the shredded cheese and sour cream. Pour into your prepared baking dish.
- Top the bean mixture with the crumbled blue cheese. (At this point it can be refrigerated until ready to cook.) Bake for 15 minutes (or 20-25 if coming from the refrigerator) until bubbling. Serve warm with crackers and celery.
Who else will love this recipe? Please click this button and share with friends!
AND You Might Also Love…
Loved, loved, loved the roasted carrot soup. The Garam masala spice was one I’ve never used but made for a warm and delicious flavour. The coconut milk made for a taste of the Caribbean. It’s been requested to make it again and I definitely will.
Your recipes are wonderful. Most are easy with few ingredients that I didn’t have.
I look forward to your post every week.
Thank you from Canada.
Thank you so much Pam! I appreciate so much the lovely comments, and am so happy to hear how much you enjoy the recipes!
Love this. Hey Lexi, Im your cousin ♥️ Your great grandmother was my grandfather’s sister. Love your recipes.
Wow! Thanks for contacting me. It’s so great to hear from you! I appreciate it!
I know. I was so happy to see your picture and your recipes ‼️ I need to get down to Bradentown Im going to make some your dishes. I signed up for your weekly recipes. Can’t wait 🥰 KareL