There are a million versions of Gazpacho out there… so why this one? Simple. It couldn’t be easier to make- and with farm-fresh veggies, you’ll be surprised at how these humble ingredients create such amazing flavor. I developed this recipe to mimic a classic Spanish-style Gazpacho, though streamlined the steps. You’ll love the results. Serve in small glasses as part of an hors d’oeuvres spread, or small bowls or jars along with a Spanish style Tapas meal.
- 1 Clove garlic
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1/3 bell pepper red, orange or yellow, diced
- ½ small white onion roughly chopped
- ½ medium cucumber peeled and diced
- 1 lb tomatoes cored and roughly chopped
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Grate the garlic clove and place it in the blender. Pour in the sherry vinegar and let it sit a few minute while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Put all the remaining ingredients in the blender except the olive oil and blend for a few minutes, until it is very well pureed. If it seems thick you can add a little ice cold water. With the motor running, pour in the olive oil and blend another minute.
- Chill for 2 hours and taste for seasoning. You may need a little extra salt. You can serve with an extra drizzle of olive oil, croutons, or diced onions, cucumbers and tomatoes if you like.